15 April 2016
Our desire is to empower church planting among the Yawo people group who are predominantly Muslim. There are a small number of house churches in the area but these are limited.
Our goal is to see the establishment of a self-propagating Yawo church, led by and for the Yawo people in the chiYawo language.
Please pray for:
- Protection for all Kingdom workers in the area- especially from sickness or harm, as occasional attacks on Christians are reported.
- Longevity and perseverance in times of difficulty- the attrition rate for Kingdom workers is high in this area and the area is deeply entrenched in darkness.
- Viable partnerships with other organizations- ie, a potential radio ministry partnership with OM.
- New Ethiopian colleagues- that they will settle in quickly to their rural home and learn the chiYawo language quickly, developing strong relationships with the locals, and that they will have good health in their remote location.
- Favor with the local chiefs to allow outreach ministry among the Yawo people.
- Good co-operation and relationships with other mission teams and individuals in the region.
- Use of new chiYawo Bible- published and launched this year by the Bible Society of Malawi.